Re: Gobuntu listed at gnuherds.org

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Gobuntu listed at gnuherds.org
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 02:17:10 +0200

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> > I'd reword it something like this:
> > Debian is considered Almost-Free Software. Debian is a general term
> > which refer to Debian GNU/Linux and all Debian ports. The Debian project
> > offers the download of some Non-Free Software packages from its mirrors.

Besides the problem about mirrors, Debian "offers the download" of some
non-free packages through the 'debian.org' domain name [1].

  [1] http://packages.debian.org/etch/ia32-sun-java5-bin

Others problems could be the use of the bug track system by non-free, but I am
not sure. The final webapp proposal will be checked by the FSF.

Karl, maybe could you propose a new version of such text?  Anyway, let this
email list know if you disagree with the above statement.