Re: Gobuntu listed at gnuherds.org

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: Gobuntu listed at gnuherds.org
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:27:59 +1030

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 02:17 +0200, Davi Leal wrote:
> > Karl Goetz wrote:
> > > I'd reword it something like this:
> > > Debian is considered Almost-Free Software. Debian is a general term
> > > which refer to Debian GNU/Linux and all Debian ports. The Debian project
> > > offers the download of some Non-Free Software packages from its mirrors.
>
> Besides the problem about mirrors, Debian "offers the download" of some
> non-free packages through the 'debian.org' domain name [1].
>
>   [1] http://packages.debian.org/etch/ia32-sun-java5-bin

So does Canonical (packages.ubuntu.com).

> Others problems could be the use of the bug track system by non-free, but I
> am
> not sure. The final webapp proposal will be checked by the FSF.

address@hidden:~$ apt-cache show debbugs
Package: debbugs
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 488
Maintainer: Debbugs developers <address@hidden>
Architecture: all
Version: 2.4.1
Depends: perl5 | perl, exim | mail-transport-agent, libmailtools-perl,
ed, libmime-perl, libio-stringy-perl
Recommends: httpd, links | lynx
Filename: pool/main/d/debbugs/debbugs_2.4.1_all.deb
Size: 85030
MD5sum: 9ee71a369b44f2603fde74b98754a48b
SHA1: 1215d3ab02089024935154a79190056d7d7126bb
SHA256: 9204897a95f9108e3548435f343a945b3ee35fd636a16b278ba7adb56380395e
 Debian has a bug tracking system which files details of bugs reported
by
 users and developers. Each bug is given a number, and is kept on file
until
 it is marked as having been dealt with. The system is mainly controlled
by
 e-mail, but the bug reports can be viewed using the WWW.
 .
 This version is fully functional, but it does not automatically
configure.
 See /usr/share/doc/debbugs/README.Debian after installation.
 .
 Note: there might be various issues with this package, caveat emptor.
Tag: devel::bugtracker, suite::debian, works-with::bugs

kk

--
Karl Goetz <address@hidden>
Debian / Ubuntu / gNewSense