Re: Git versus Patches

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Git versus Patches
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:11:59 +0200

deepinlife@ wrote:
> I tried to install debian but it failed to detect my hard drive. One
> of the suggested solutions is to get the driver on a floppy but
> unfortunately I don't have floppy drive and I can't get one now.
>
> So any ideas about that path?

What is the model of your hard disk? Debian 'etch' supports installing on any
IDE, SCSI and SATA hard disks.

There are a myriad different ways to install Debian. See
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer for a list of images.

If you've never installed Debian before, you should read the install guide.
The Installation Guide for stable 'etch' can be found at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

> I have downlaoded the image and worked using the emulator but
> unfortunately I can't acess internet now from home. So I can't use git.
>
> In general I am working on some tutorials and I hope I can get small
> php tasks, but bypassing git. For example if I can download the source
> directly, not using git. I mean using HTTP or FTP and then I will
> begin my tasks.

Sure, it is OK.

You could send patches to this mailing list and we review and
commit them for you, as it is depicted at
http://gnuherds.org/doc/How_the_development_team_and_production_is_integrated.png

Reference from:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=183