guile-gnome stack for Fedora Core

From: steve tell
Subject: guile-gnome stack for Fedora Core
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 23:03:03 -0400 (EDT)

I like to keep my development environment in a "rapidly deployable" state, which means having the infrastructure packages installed with the native system package manager so I can easily install it elsewhere.
At the moment, that means RPMs for fedora core 6.

I've constructed rpm spec files to build guile-lib, guile-cairo, g-wrap, and guile-gnome-platform. Most of them rely on patches or the latest source from bzr in order to produce somthing useful right now,
so all I'm posting are the .spec files.

http://www.telltronics.org/pub/guile/guile-lib.spec
        should just work with guile-lib 0.1.3

http://www.telltronics.org/pub/guile/g-wrap-1.9.9.spec
        almost works with the recently announced g-wrap-1.9.9-RC1.tar.gz
        Requires a manual fiddle with the libffi headers after install;
        Andreas knows about this...  RC2 soon maybe?

http://www.telltronics.org/pub/guile/guile-cairo.spec
        Get guile-cairo from bzr, apply my recently posted patch
        http://www.telltronics.org/pub/guile/guile-cairo-1.3.90-cairo1.2.0.patch
        to make it support cairo-1.2.x, then configure and make dist to
        get a tarball, and then this should build an rpm.

install all of those, and then:

http://www.telltronics.org/pub/guile/guile-gnome-platform.spec
        get the latest from bzr, configure and make dist to get a
        guile-gnome-platform-2.15.92+unofficial.tar.gz,
        then it should build.

Again, right now these are barely suitable for the seriously adventurous to take an early peek at. With a little luck and the continued great contributions of the maintainers doing the real work, I'll be able to put up some rpms of stable packages soon.

Steve