Re: guile-gnome stack for Fedora Core

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile-gnome stack for Fedora Core
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:54:54 +0200

Hi Steve,

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 19:59 -0400, steve tell wrote:
> Attached is my current hackery, that you might or might not want to
> include yet.

I will look at it when you attach it :-)

> Every time I try to do somthing interesting, I find big dark corners
> of
> gtk+ that just aren't working yet in guile-gnome-platform/gtk.
> I can't help but thing that there's a long way to go before "stable",
> but
> keep those great releases and improvements comming and we'll slowly
> get
> there!

You might be right; gtk generally speaking has the 'normal' parts and
the 'legacy' parts. The normal parts map naturally onto GObject and the
standard bindings, and the others, well, you're seeing it ;) Depends on
what you're doing.

OTOH I don't think I've ever written an app using anything from
guile-gnome without hacking guile-gnome itself. Not that I've written
all that many, but still...

Peace,

Andy.
--