Re: guile-gnome stack for Fedora Core

From: steve tell
Subject: Re: guile-gnome stack for Fedora Core
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 19:59:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Andy Wingo wrote:

Hey Steve,

I don't think I mentioned it, but:

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 23:03 -0400, steve tell wrote:
I've constructed rpm spec files to build guile-lib, guile-cairo, g-wrap,
and guile-gnome-platform.

Super super super! Nice work! :-)

Thanks!

What do you know about getting all of this into Fedora itself? That
would be most excellent, if we can do so.

Not much, but I'll investigate. Fedora 7's bigger tent might make it easy.

I'll see about releasing a new guile-gnome-platform this weekend, which

Attached is my current hackery, that you might or might not want to include yet.

I'm trying to get drag-and-drop to work both ways,
by first cloning the gtk+2 test program testdnd in guile.
Your photo tool only had drop destinations, not drag sources.

With this patch,
  (gtk-drag-source-set widget)
definitely works; I can drag from a button.

But the complete exchange doesn't happen from the guile-gnome drag source; I don't get a drop-data-received signal on the drop widget.

And I gave up on pixmap creation with
gdk-pixmap-colormap-create-from-xpm-d, so that stuff mixed in might be totaly trash.

Every time I try to do somthing interesting, I find big dark corners of gtk+ that just aren't working yet in guile-gnome-platform/gtk. I can't help but thing that there's a long way to go before "stable", but keep those great releases and improvements comming and we'll slowly get there!

Steve