RE: [Help-glpk] Do I misunderstand LPX_K_ITMLM?

From: Robert Horvath
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Do I misunderstand LPX_K_ITMLM?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:51:11 +0200

Got some good news. The problem is wat I suspected, and my patch works with
it. Apply the patch, and your system will work. That is no bug in glpk
rather an unimplemented feature to handle numerical instability situations.

But be aware that:
THE ATTACHED PATCH IS BY NO MEANS MATHEMATICALLY REASONABLE FOR ALL THE
PROBLEMS, AND IT WILL FAIL IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS!!!!!!!!

Changelog for patch:
-simplex method: decide weather the current column we want to pivot on in
the objective function is bigger in absolute value than a certain error
limit (error limit created by me without any regards to mathematical
correctness). If it is not, then it will take it as zero, and will not pivot
on that column.

Regards
Robert