connect: Connection Refused

From: Vicky C. Miller
Subject: connect: Connection Refused
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:23:50 -0400

Our site has been using GNATS for a quite some time; about 2 years.  It is
running on a Sun Solaris box.  After having changed the IP address of the
server, we noticed that whenever we try to login into Gnats even via a URL
on the Sun Box, the Gnats Database initial screen displays with the
following messages:

Error: Couldn't connect to gnats server

host gnats, port 1529
connect: Connection refused

The config has not been changed.  Inetd.conf and services files have the
correct entries for Gnats.  Any suggestions anyone?

Regards,

Vicky Miller
Consulting, Services and Solutions Group, Inc.
4041 University Drive, Suite 202
Fairfax, VA 22030-3410
Telephone: (703) 385-2008, ext. 225
Facsimile: (703) 385-2063