Re: connect: Connection Refused

From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: Re: connect: Connection Refused
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:09:59 +0200

"Vicky C. Miller" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Mel.  I checked all of the directories on the Solaris
> and can't find a "gnatsd.host_access" file.  Is this a file I can add in?

In GNATS 3.1xx, this file is called gnatsd.conf.

> [...]  There is a gnatsd.conf file where I can add a host name, but
> this would be adding the host name or IP address of the user contacting
> gnatsd.

It must also contain the host name or IP address of the WWW server
running Gnatsweb, if you use the WWW interface (as you are mentioning
access via URL, you probably do).  If this is the same machine as the
one on which gnatsd runs, it is of course affected by the same IP
address
change.

If gnatsd.conf gives the name (not IP address) of a host, this must be
the "canonical" hostname, i.e., the first one found for this IP address.
Check /etc/hosts, NIS, DNS, whatever you use for hostname resolution.
Note that you must check "reverse name solving" (i.e. mapping from IP
address to hostname) in this case; I have occasionally seen DNS
misconfigurations that missed this part.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider           <address@hidden>
Infineon Technologies AG        phone:  (+49) 89 234 45445