Re: connect: Connection Refused

From: Mel Hatzis
Subject: Re: connect: Connection Refused
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 23:59:24 -0700

On 05/16/2003 12:23 PM, Vicky C. Miller submitted:

Our site has been using GNATS for a quite some time; about 2 years.  It is
running on a Sun Solaris box.  After having changed the IP address of the
server, we noticed that whenever we try to login into Gnats even via a URL
on the Sun Box, the Gnats Database initial screen displays with the
following messages:

Error: Couldn't connect to gnats server

host gnats, port 1529
connect: Connection refused

The config has not been changed.  Inetd.conf and services files have the
correct entries for Gnats.  Any suggestions anyone?

There's a gnatsd.host_access file which you probably need to
update...it lives in either the <instdir>/share/gnats or
<instdir>/etc/gnats directory depending on which version
of gnats you're using (where <instdir> refers to the
directory in which gnats is installed).

Hope this helps.

--
Mel Hatzis

Regards,

Vicky Miller
Consulting, Services and Solutions Group, Inc.
4041 University Drive, Suite 202
Fairfax, VA 22030-3410
Telephone: (703) 385-2008, ext. 225
Facsimile: (703) 385-2063