printing from w32 emacs

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: printing from w32 emacs
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 04:24:24 GMT

Has any of you out there been able to print from emacs to your local
printer? My installation is acting as if I am printing to NULL. This is
from an emacs 21.3 on win98 to a Canon i850. Neither PRN (default) or
LPT1 works as 'printer-name, quoted or not. Printer works fine if I
minimize emacs and run any other windows app incorporating a print
function. I had same results with an HP laserjet.
I would appreciate any light any of you could throw on this problem.