Re: Anyone gone from mutt to Emacs? was: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to

From: Dirk-Jan C . Binnema
Subject: Re: Anyone gone from mutt to Emacs? was: Re: Moving from Thunderbird to Emacs for mail and calendar
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:34:13 +0300

    Matt> address@hidden (David Combs) writes:
    >> A top-post: Here, someone went from Thunderbird (gui, etc) to emacs,
    >> showing what he had to do to succeed. (I include it all this once, so
    >> if expired for you, is newified again.)
    >> Question: I use mutt on my isp-shell-account, and like it, and use .1%
    >> of its capability (I think, so powerful is it). Has anyone switched
    >> from mutt to emacs (temporarily or not)? Comments?

    Matt> Yes, I have. Both Gnus and Wanderlust are fantastic email clients.
    Matt> are a lot of configuration examples online, if you want to get started
    Matt> with either of them.

I have too -- I moved from mutt (many years) to Wanderlust and am quite happy
with it. I've been trying gnus as well, but I never succeeded in setting it up
to my satisfaction.

I've written a bit about it:

But WL and Gnus are very powerful -- but if you only use .1% of the
capabilities, it might be overkill... Although even then, the integration with
the rest of my workflow is nice.

mutt is a find program, but the scripting is no match for what emacs-based
clients can do.

Best wishes,

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
pgp: D09C E664 897D 7D39 5047 A178 E96A C7A1 017D DA3C