RE: Keybindings for Emacs with no X?

From: Jiaxin Cao
Subject: RE: Keybindings for Emacs with no X?
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 15:50:52 +0800

Why not use a GUI based emacs?

-----Original Message-----
From: help-gnu-emacs-bounces+jiaxin.cao=gmail.com@gnu.org
[mailto:help-gnu-emacs-bounces+jiaxin.cao=gmail.com@gnu.org] On Behalf Of Angel
de Vicente
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 12:38 PM
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Keybindings for Emacs with no X?

Hi,

I run Emacs in text mode, inside GNUScreen, running in a
gnome-terminal. As a result, many key combinations don't get sent to
Emacs properly. For example, M-SPC gets to Emacs as C-M-j. Since I run
Emacs always like this, and basically I live inside Emacs, I would be
willing to spend some time trying to find a way out of this
problem. Searching the web has not really helped much...

Any help on where I should be looking?

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente