help-gnu-music

Relative vs Absolute

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Relative vs Absolute
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:49:29 +0200

Hello,

 I'm having a little problem...  I'm typsetting mu-
sic with Lilypond (most of us here, no?), and I am
not sure, how to use an absolute type of input (si-
milar to ABC if anyone has used that too), where I
would have to specify each notes octave each time.
I think it can be done with the "transpose" functi-
on, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

 In clear, I'd like to have all notes in this sequ-
ence :

[c16 d' e' g'] [a c b, b] [d e c a] [b e d c-]

 All the notes  that don't have any marking should
be of the middle octava (on a piano). Each note th-
at has ' should be one octave higher (that note on-
ly), and each note with ',', and octave lower.

 Thanks for having read through,

Jérémie