help-gnu-music

kpathsea, was: Return of the bagpipe music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: kpathsea, was: Return of the bagpipe music
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:16:13 +0200

> I'm having a segfault problem.
>
> I tried to compile 1.3.149 and 1.3.150 to test the bagpipe.ly code.  I
> am running SuSE 7.1 with gcc 2.95.2.  The file kpath.cc errored and I
> had to make 2 modifications to get it to compile:
>
> #define KPATHSEA_XOPENDIR_H // This was required to resolve a pointer
> definition problem
>
> // #if HAVE_KPATHSEA_KPATHSEA_H// The #if includes weren't getting included.
> extern "C" {
> #include <kpathsea/kpathsea.h>
> #include <kpathsea/tex-file.h>
> }
> // #endif
>
> The application segfaults with the test and bagpipe.ly code.
>
> I assume that I have made inappropriate changes to the source code, but
> I don't know what.  Any help would be appreciated.

At least the second problem looks as if configure didn't find all
the necessary parts. Rerun configure again (after having removed
config.cache) and check what it says about kpathsea/kpathsea.h.
Obviously, you do have the file but you could try to figure out
why configure didn't find it.

It might also be worth to check that your kpathsea library isn't
too old. On my system, the file ..../kpathsea/c-auto.h contains
the line
#define KPSEVERSION "kpathsea version 3.3.1"

   /Mats