help-gnu-music

Stems direction, BarNumbers on 2-staff group

From: Cédric BERTOLINI
Subject: Stems direction, BarNumbers on 2-staff group
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:39:29 +0200

Hello everybody !

I just started using Lilypond this week-end. I was a little reluctant
because I thought it would be too complicated, but I couldn't stand
"Encore" anymore... So I installed the package on my Debian 2.2, and began
to read the ps manual. The english notation was a bit confusing (I'm
french) and the \include "italiano.ly" launched a bunch of syntaxical
errors. Finally, I managed to typeset fairly nicely the "Trio F-Dur" from
Haydn, cello and violin parts. The day after, I studied accidentals,
appoggiatura, ornaments... and my sheets became really beautiful. All my
congratulations to all the developpers of Lilypond !!

Well, of course, I still have some problems. If someone could either help
me or tell me that I don't have the proper version for my needs, it'd be
nice :
- I'd like to have downwards stems on notes like [a a' a]. How can I force
the direction of stems on a group of notes ?
- On my 2-staffs sheet, I have BarNumering turned on. But both staffs have
numbers, and it's ugly. How can I have to get only the upper staff be
numbered ?

I won't post any (negative) comment, because I'm using 1.2.17 or something
like, so it wouldn't be very useful.

Cedric Bertolini.