help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced

From: Milan
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 23:12:39 +0200

Christian Grothoff wrote :
$ ls -l /var/lib/GNUnet/data/shared/
This only lists me 4 files which size is really small, although I indexed > 50 MB. So most files were really inserted, and some were successfully indexed. Strange...

You may want to check gnunetd's logs, they may contains some more info.
Using -L EVERYTHING, gnunetd says when I try to index /home/milan/XXX :

sep 01 23:00:55 EVERYTHING: `stat' failed on file `/home/milan/XXX' at storage.c:99 with error: Permission non accordée (i.e permission denied).

ls -l reports :

-rw-r--r--  1 milan milan 17992 2005-06-15 22:51 /home/milan/XXX

And indeed, insertion works, so reading isn't the problem.

Another design idea : when hitting the 'Return' key in dialogs that asks for keywords/meta-data, "Validate" shouldn't be activated (always make default the harmless action). gnunet-gtk can see which text field is used to activate the corresponding add button (better and most complex solution) or just don't do anything - or ask to cancel...

Thanks for debugging so quicly ! ;-)

---
Milan