help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced

From: Milan
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:59:52 +0200

Hi

I would not be surprised to find that one be 700 or something like that.
Okay, I didn't noticed that r and x rights were needed for all parent folders. Now it works fine...

Though, gnunet-gtk should ask before inserting, and notice that a permission error was encountered. Better (and more dificult), it could give 4 choices :
- abort the upload
- insert
- change the permissions to allow gnunetd to index (by linking)
- copy the file to GNUNETD_HOME/data/shared/. This can be done copying first the file to /tmp/ (with gnunet-gtk) and then, copying it to shared folder (with gnunetd). Maybe memory sharing can do this too, or client/server communication...
This would be great, but the third choice is a little complex too.

Another design idea : when hitting the 'Return' key in dialogs that asks
for keywords/meta-data, "Validate" shouldn't be activated (always make
default the harmless action). gnunet-gtk can see which text field is
used to activate the corresponding add button (better and most complex
solution) or just don't do anything - or ask to cancel...

I am not sure what you mean -- is that something that can be fixed in the glade file? If so, can you send a patch?
It needs changing a little the glade file, and adding a few callback functions
in the C code. Maybe I'll look at it...

Another report : my gnunet-delete just doesn't want to run :
$ gnunet-delete
gnunet-delete: error while loading shared libraries: libgnunet_afs_esed2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Again a bad linking at building ?
Note that the man page for gnunet-delete contains a unuseful and old FIXME that can be removed...

Please don't consider these reports as requests but only as help... ;-)

How many connected peers do you get ? I only have 7 (for the moment)...

---
Milan