help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:10:54 -0700

On Saturday 03 September 2005 06:59, Milan wrote:
> Hi
>
> > I would not be surprised to find that one be 700 or something like that.
>
> Okay, I didn't noticed that r and x rights were needed for all parent
> folders. Now it works fine...

:-).

> Though, gnunet-gtk should ask before inserting, and notice that a
> permission error was encountered. Better (and more dificult), it could
> give 4 choices :
> - abort the upload
> - insert
> - change the permissions to allow gnunetd to index (by linking)
> - copy the file to GNUNETD_HOME/data/shared/. This can be done copying
> first the file to /tmp/  (with gnunet-gtk) and then, copying it to
> shared folder (with gnunetd). Maybe memory sharing can do this too, or
> client/server communication...
> This would be great, but the third choice is a little complex too.

Well, 3) assumes that gnunetd and gnunet-gtk run on the same machine (may not
be true), that gnunet-gtk has the rights to change permissions (maybe allowed
to read the file, but not change permissions, i.e. owned by 3rd user); and 4)
assumes that gnunet-gtk has write permissions to gnunet-gtk's directory.
Now, 5) used to be the default by copying the file via the TCP connection to
gnunetd and having gnunetd store it in data/shared/.  I'm not sure why that
is not used here.  Nils hacked the code last, maybe he knows.

> Another report : my gnunet-delete just doesn't want to run :
> $ gnunet-delete
> gnunet-delete: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgnunet_afs_esed2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
> Again a bad linking at building ?
> Note that the man page for gnunet-delete contains a unuseful and old
> FIXME that can be removed...

gnunet-delete was renamed to gnunet-unindex, you must have an old binary (and
man-page) lying around..

Christian