help-gnunet

Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Indexing impossible : insertion forced
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 23:09:56 -0700

On Thursday 01 September 2005 14:12, Milan wrote:
> > You may want to check gnunetd's logs, they may contains some more info.
>
> Using -L EVERYTHING, gnunetd says when I try to index /home/milan/XXX :
>
> sep 01 23:00:55 EVERYTHING: `stat' failed on file `/home/milan/XXX' at
> storage.c:99 with error: Permission non accordée (i.e permission denied).
>
> ls -l reports :
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 milan milan 17992 2005-06-15 22:51 /home/milan/XXX
>
> And indeed, insertion works, so reading isn't the problem.

Well, insertion means gnunet-insert reads, indexing means gnunetd must be able
to read.  Try

$ ls -l /home/

I would not be surprised to find that one be 700 or something like that.

> Another design idea : when hitting the 'Return' key in dialogs that asks
> for keywords/meta-data, "Validate" shouldn't be activated (always make
> default the harmless action). gnunet-gtk can see which text field is
> used to activate the corresponding add button (better and most complex
> solution) or just don't do anything - or ask to cancel...

I am not sure what you mean -- is that something that can be fixed in the
glade file?  If so, can you send a patch?

Christian