help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] About the "speed" parameter

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] About the "speed" parameter
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:50:48 +0100

2009/11/8 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>
Hi,

On Sat, November 7, 2009 10:22 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> This makes level xml design a lot simpler! Anyways, while trying to test
> what the MPS HUD showed, I couldn't get the following ancient values to
> work:
> rounds-per-sec
> moves-per-round
> fighter-scale
Well, they "still" work but only if you disable the new speed control.
This is achieved by setting "downsize-using-bench-value" to false.

Thanks, I couldn't get it to work entirely, so I think I will just ask: what does MPS show, exactly?  I once throught that it showed "moves-per-round" / "rounds-per-sec", but some of the values it showed didn't really fit with that. (180/177)

There's a new section about resampling on:

http://www.ufoot.org/liquidwar/v6/snapshots/20091108snapshot/doc/Designing-levels.html

I realized after generating the snapshots that documentation is important
too, and users using non-GNU OSes might find it interesting to have an
updated HTML documentation at hand. So here it is. It will be generated
with each snapshot. There's also a ChangeLog.txt which you might read to
find out wether downloading the new snapshot is worth it or not. I tend to
be lazy with ChangeLog messages (being the only active *coder* on the
game, maintaining picky entries is tedious compared to what it's worth)
but still there's always an entry when significant commits are done.

Documentation and ChangeLog.txt are just perfect!

Speaking of documentation, I think you should add a "stay outa  this" warning to things like moves-per-round. Also, some of the xml-files might feel better about themselves if they had a few <!-- --> inside. Not top priority, but worth a note.

Anyway, I better work on some level xml myself ... I can smell the deadline ...!

- Kasper