help-songanizer

Re: [help-songanizer] Ogg Vorbis support

From: Patrick Ohnewein
Subject: Re: [help-songanizer] Ogg Vorbis support
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:33:50 +0200

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray schrieb:
> In my opinion, the problem also arises because of mp3info's inability
> to handle ID3v2 tags. The mainainer of mp3info is also reluctant to
> work on this since he does not have enough time.

Yes, this probably is the problem.

I don't know if it is right to say, that songanizer does not have
support for OGG files. I would rather say it has only support for ID3v1
and no support for ID3v2.

If you can use ID3v1 tags in OGG files, too. What I suppose. songanizer
has already support for OGG files and the show stopper "OGG format
support" doesn't exist.

In this case it would have to be decided if lacking support for ID3v2 is
a show stopper, too. Or if songanizer can already be released as 1.0.

I concord with you, that a way to support ID3v2 has to be found and
maybe ogginfo could be a good solution.

Happy hacking!
Patrick