Slime and Emacs Lisp

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Slime and Emacs Lisp
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:23:16 GMT

Hello,

I've just installed Slime and CLisp. Very good choice, I think.

But my ultimate goal would be to try enjoying all the features
of Slime for debugging Emacs Lisp code I want to maintain...
but, when compiling my Emacs Lisp code, it reports many errors,
like:

    o   undefined function NIL
    o   function INTERACTIVE is not defined
    o   function USE-LOCAL-MAP is not defined
    o   MAJOR-MODE is neither declared nor bound
    o   function RUN-HOOKS is not defined
    o   ...

And, *not* being an expert at all in both languages, I don't
know if their differences are so big it's purely impossible to
do what I want, or if it's still possible to debug Emacs Lisp
code with Slime/CLisp?

Thanks,
  Seba

--