iruka-devel

Re: [Iruka-devel] Chat dialog.

From: Petr Klyushkin
Subject: Re: [Iruka-devel] Chat dialog.
Date: 10 Sep 2002 20:14:28 +0400

Hello, Erwan!

>>>>> "Erwan" == Erwan Loisant writes:

 Erwan> But sending directly message by retort control is not a so
 Erwan> good way; moreover there will be a difference between
 Erwan> one-to-one chat and group chat. We should really make chat
 Erwan> dialog sending messages, not directly retort
 Erwan> control. Otherwise we loose a lot in code readability.

I propose to leave it as is for now because chat.py internals are
rather simple.  If we had troubles we will change it as you suggest in
future, ok?

 Erwan> About icons, I added a icons.py file. Please use the new
 Erwan> variable to call icons (icons.bitmaps['online'], etc.) so we
 Erwan> can change the icon set just by changing one variable (useful
 Erwan> for themes).

Some wxWindows objects (like wxImageList) take an ownership on
bitmaps.  They delete their bitmaps on destruction, so a single
wxBitmap for all 'online' icons, for instance, doesn't fit here.  We
really need a factory function which returns new wxBitmap object each
time it is called.

--
                                                             C'ya, Peter.
       address@hidden://petrk.pochtamt.ru]=--