libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] LibrePlanet meeting in July?

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] LibrePlanet meeting in July?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 23:38:04 -0400

On Thursday, July 23 2015, Blaise Alleyne wrote:

>> Cool, Bob.  As I mentioned during our last meeting, we can use
>> LibrePlanet BR's mumble server for that without problems.
>>

> Cool. I've never used mumble before, so not sure what's required to connect?
> (instructions appreciated)

You just need to install the mumble client and configure it.  IIRC
you're using a Debian-like, right?  The mumble client is packaged for
Debian, and we're trying to un-retire it on Fedora, so if you're using
the former it should be trivial to install, and if you use the latter
I can give you further instructions.

Configuring mumble is not very hard, though the UI sucks a little.  I
think the most important configuration you'll need to do is the "push to
talk" button.  Mumble does not work very well when you configure it to
transmit audio based on activity, so the push-to-talk feature lets you
decide when you'll transmit your voice (at the expense of having to keep
the configured button pressed when you talk).

If you want we can schedule a "try-out".  FTR, the address of
LibrePlanet BR's mumble server is <mumble.libreplanetbr.org>.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36