libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] LibrePlanet meeting in July?

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] LibrePlanet meeting in July?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 21:39:18 -0400

On Saturday, July 18 2015, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Hi all: I ran into Stephen Weber and Chris Vollick at the Waterloo
> Open Streets Festival today, and mentioned that we had talked about
> having a cross-chapter online meeting.
>
> Depending on the availability of a venue, I think we three are game to
> try a Mumble or WebRTC session.

Cool, Bob.  As I mentioned during our last meeting, we can use
LibrePlanet BR's mumble server for that without problems.

> So, when shall we three meet again? I propose one of Tuesday,
> Wednesday or Thursday,  28, 29 or 30 July (although Wednesday is the
> Toronto Area Security Klatsch[1] meeting).

So Tuesday or Thursday, right?  So far, any of those will work for me.
Just to make sure I understood it: we'll be meeting via mumble/WebRTC,
and not in person, right?

> I think any time next week is too soon for planning, I'm pretty sure
> Stephen and Chris are at DevHouse[2] on Monday, 27 July, and I'm
> hosting SysAdminDay Dinner[3] on Friday, 31 July (to which you're all
> invited, BTW).

Thanks!

> Also, I wouldn't mind meeting in Toronto in person in August,
> especially if we're following through with a Software Freedom Day[4]
> event.  We should establish the date for August at the July meeting;
> I've offered rides to/from Toronto for whatever day it is.

IIRC I'm free almost any night in August, so let's just pick a random
date and see if it works.  August 18th?

Thanks for creating the page for the Toronto SFD, btw.

Cheers,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36