Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Amusing Free Software Story
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 08:56:06 -0700

> Looking beyond software, The Free Culture movement associated with
> Lawrence Lessig prides itself on having created an ecosystem where
> people can decide what freedom means to them and use any Creative
> Commons licence (including non-libre licences such as those with NC
> and ND terms).

I do not know of any such movement that has pride in being completely
vague about licensing this way. Creative Commons simply didn't take a
stand about these things when making multiple licenses. There's no such
movement that is proud of this.

> The "Libre culture movement" is the sub-set which defines freedom in
> the same way as it is defined for free / libre software:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libre_culture
>
> Ironically, the Libre knowledge article has been nominated for
> deletion. So take a read soon in case it is:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libre_knowledge

Well, the strongest thing is actually "free culture" here as in
http://freedomdefined.org