[libreplanet-discuss] Gratis software being released as proprietary

From: Steen Engholm
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Gratis software being released as proprietary
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:55:18 +0200

"may not be competable"
should be
"is very competible in relation to ordinary commercial markets" (English is only my second language)

Whole sentence;
The focus of open source is remarkable in many ways and is very competible in relation to ordinary commercial markets - this is where free software and open source software ideally is alike .. but, obviously not with the same focus.

I must confess there is some obfuscation in that "focus" of open source and free software seem to melt together.
The software products of open source and free software has been described for example by Bruce Perens as an alternative business-model, and there is not much to say here on the difference between free software and open source.

Perhaps the future for the free software movement - if not entirely that of relapsing into common liberal life - is to pay attention to intrinsic technical causations in this comprehensive digital trend of today.
Digging into societal aspects of the digital environment as such may be too much - really a private speculation.

Sorry for fragmenting the threads list. I am inexperienced in mailing-lists, but I'll learn as I go.