Re: Lilypond BNF

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond BNF
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:31:50 -0600

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 19:22 -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> I'll hack a bit on Nicolas' idea of using the output file from Bison as
> a source for the stripped-down Yacc syntax.  When I'm done, I'll submit
> another try.

I've now hacked on a Python script to clean up the output file.  The new
file lilypond.grammar has a cleaned up description of the grammar, and
indexes to both terminals and non-terminals.

This still isn't the intelligent Yacc output, but I think it's slightly
less half-baked than my previous hack, and could profitably be included
in the manual.

Comments?

Carl
--