Re: Lilypond BNF

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: Lilypond BNF
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:48:39 -0300

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> Aha -- now I see why you want to use ebnf instead of bnf -- you get each
> definition down to a single line.

that's right. the article in the link you posted doesn't say, but (I bet
you've figured) you can also use curly braces { and square brackets [
for grouping as in regular expressions.

here are a few more pointers you may want to see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Backus-Naur_form
http://www.augustana.ab.ca/~mohrj/courses/2000.fall/csc370/lecture_notes/ebnf.html

> available in the parser.output file, it may be possible to automatically
> generate an ebnf automatically.

that would be really nice.

Pedro