Re: Lilypond BNF

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lilypond BNF
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:12:42 -0600

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 19:28 +0200, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'll hack a bit on Nicolas' idea of using the output file from Bison as
> > a source for the stripped-down Yacc syntax.  When I'm done, I'll submit
> > another try.
>
> However, if the idea is to put @comments in parser.yy, it would be
> better to process parser.yy directly with its comments, rather than
> parser.output.

I agree, but Yacc/Bison as written don't have a direct facility for
handling @comments.  They could be included in a /* */ comment block,
but that seems like more deviation than it's worth.

It seems to me that unless/until Yacc/Bison gets expanded to allow for
@comments, I get the best results from parsing parser.output.

Carl

--
Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>