Re: Priority 1 Translation of web site to spanish

From: Daniel Tonda Castillo
Subject: Re: Priority 1 Translation of web site to spanish
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:13:52 -0600

John Mandereau wrote:
Daniel Tonda Castillo wrote:
John Mandereau wrote:
[...]

From what I gather, so far if no write acces is provided, the most important git commands would seem to be clone and patch, but patch is still not clear for me yet.

No, you only use clone to initially clone the repository, then you do
git-pull to update (see Johannes Schindelin's message sent today at
18:01 for a good explanation, or wait for me to update the README file).
Ok, now in the original README:
After translating I do:
git-add <whatever file has been translated>
git commit -m 'add file' <file>
scripts/check-translation.py <file>

Yes, that looks good. The committish number is in fact the checksum of
the last commit, so it is not associated to any particular file. After
you made sure the translation is up to date (ie you checked against the
English pages or you updated translations according to 'make LANG=es
chack-translation' output), the most simple thing to do is to copy the
last committish into the concerned translated files. Btw, isn't
scripts/rev-to-commit.py intended to automate this work?
So all the website if there are no commits would have the same committish?

Yes. My last question was asked to the developers.

When and if you upload, the next time I would do git-clone again and It will overwrite whatever I did with what is on the server?

No. First, it is git-pull; in fact you should first commit your changes
to your local copy of the repository, so there isn't any conflict when
you update from the sv.gnu.org repository. To be precise, you should do
the following commands at top of the source directory:

        git-add po/es.po
... and do the same for every new file (do 'git-status' to see which
files are untracked, deleted, or changed and not committed).

Then do
        git-pull origin
It should fetch the remote repository (ie update the local copy of the
remote branch, called 'origin'), then merge the 'origin' branch into
'master' ('master' is the local branch you work on).

You can list the branches with 'git-show-branch'.

ok

Thanks. The translation is online; can you check whether the pages are
OK (ideally you should see translated pages automagically when visiting
lilypond.org with your browser),
¡Looks great!
 and can you please write a short
announcement in Spanish, which will be added to the news section?
Announcement:
¡Ya está disponible la versión en español del sitio web de LilyPond!
Thanks in advance,
Daniel Tonda C.