Re: working on the new website

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: working on the new website
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 09:01:09 -0600

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Graham Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 07:55:14PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
>> Le samedi 01 août 2009 à 20:22 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :
>> > You're on osx, right?  Or linux?  I've attached a shell script
>> > that just builds the essay.
>>
>> Please don't write, use and spread such scripts, or make sure I won't
>> notice them nor their consequences: they will likely break next time
>> makefiles are changed, and there are already so many issues and
>> questions with the official build system that we don't want to be
>> bothered by halping contributors that use such alternative building
>> methods.
>
> Oops, I meant to warn Andrew that it was fragile.  Andrew: if it
> stops working at some point, let me know and I'll whip up another
> script.

Consider me warned!

I may use said script to quickly check for dumb errors, but it didn't
seem to import the images, and if I run 'make doc' twice the second
run only takes 33 seconds, so I'll still build the full set regularly.

On that note, the LM version of the essay includes three images that
are stored in Documentation/, but the next version will probably have
several others. Is there a way to move any included images to
Documentation/essay/ so I'm not cluttering things up?

Andrew