Re: working on the new website

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: working on the new website
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:20:29 +0200

Le lundi 03 août 2009 à 09:01 -0600, Andrew Hawryluk a écrit :
> I may use said script to quickly check for dumb errors, but it didn't
> seem to import the images, and if I run 'make doc' twice the second
> run only takes 33 seconds, so I'll still build the full set regularly.

We all rely on this as much as possible.  Unclean builds don't behave
very well, that will sorted out in a few weeks.

> On that note, the LM version of the essay includes three images that
> are stored in Documentation/, but the next version will probably have
> several others. Is there a way to move any included images to
> Documentation/essay/ so I'm not cluttering things up?

No, there isn't.  Having pictures in respective manual directories would
create more Git history noise and more ad-hoc include path
specifications for images shared between several manuals. Put them in
Documentation/pictures without specifying any path in @image command,
I'll add this directory along with the web site.

Best,
John