Re: the "separate, but integrated" website proposal

From: Till Paala
Subject: Re: the "separate, but integrated" website proposal
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 21:40:22 +0300

Hello Graham and John

Graham Percival schrieb:
On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 02:53:51PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:

Le mardi 04 août 2009 à 05:20 -0700, Graham Percival a écrit :

Eh?  Why on earth would the Examples change for different
languages?  IIRC, we currently have French lyrics, Italian musical
terms, German titles, Italian lyrics, an English instrument name,
Italian instrument names, a Hungarian (?) title, Italian titles,
some English lyrics and directions... if there was ever part of
the docs that we could say "yeah, we really don't need any
translations here", it would be the pngs on
Introduction->Examples.

I was thinking on annotated SVG examples, which should be created for
the essay BTW -- I believed Till had taken this over a while ago, but I
never got news about this.

Do you mean the annotated SVGs in web->Introduction->Text input?

I read this only today, the volume on -devel ist just a bit too strong for my present pace.

I had had a look at this svg generation a long time ago and was able to understand how svgs work as well as change a string inside of a file manually but I have no idea about the building scripts and so I didn't go further here. So far the web/switch/howto.html has svgs that ge translated in all languages. I thought it would be nice to have also other annotated examples especially in the essay to be translated according to language (e.g the notation examples that show how the software improved). But as said I gave up long ago neither have the time for it at the present moment.