Re: Code review/discussion time again.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Code review/discussion time again.
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:14:48 +0100

> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I'll make one last suggestion, which you are free to ignore.
>>>
>>> I'd suggest a message to -devel and to Han-Wen and Jan, with a simple
>>> subject requesting push access, and no extra baggage.
>
>> I have no idea whether they'll grant it, but I don't think that I would
>> do more damage than good.  Which is the metric that counts in the long
>> run.
>
> We generally grant access to people who have sent us lots of patches
> that demonstrate that they know what they are doing.  I think this
> code needs some more rounds of revision before it qualifies as one.

Oh, I was not thinking of pushing _this_ in the current state.  As long
as I have no clue what I am doing, I would not think of that.

But in order to get a clue, I need time and effort, and it is more
efficient if I don't waste my and the spare reviewers' time and energy
on _those_ patches I _know_ to be good because they are well in my
comfort zone.

The accordion code is not there yet.