Re: imprecise Taktlinie in german doc (NR)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: imprecise Taktlinie in german doc (NR)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 21:46:43 +0200

Matthias Kilian <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not an active musician, and only decades ago I did do music with
> others (orchestra, choir), so I may be wrong, but I've a strong
> feeling towards `Taktnummern'. It's less ambigous.

There is no point in us inventing new terms, regardless how unambiguous
we consider them to be.  Really, look closely at the comparatively few
Google hits for "Taktnummern".  Even among those few (that are orders of
magnitudes less than their equivalent in musical contexts, even
discounting the "measure amount" hits), the majority is from the
Lilypond lists.

The usual question is "Welcher Takt?".  And a common reply to "Wir
fangen nochmal in Takt 13 an" is "Wir haben hier keine Taktzahlen drin."

Never heard "Taktnummern" in that context.