Re: Issue 881 Arpeggios may collide with laissezVibrer ties (was Re: Cri

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Issue 881 Arpeggios may collide with laissezVibrer ties (was Re: Critical issues)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:12:14 +0200 (CEST)

Carl Sorensen:
> I've posted a patch on Rietveld.  Can you do the
> regression test?
> http://codereview.appspot.com/1195044

After a make test-redo I get:

. the "mandatory" output-distance.
. a diff of tree.gittext, showing Carls patch
. 314 below threshold
. 2062 unchanged

>From this I assume Carls patch does not affect any present regression
test.

***

But I also notice that there are no test for the present problem.
Perhaps one should be added?

The one presented in the report[1] could be a candidate, comments?

\version "2.12.1" % regression: 2.10.33 and 2.8.8 are ok

{
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <f  a'> \arpeggio
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <g  a'> \arpeggio \mark "never"
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <a  a'> \arpeggio
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <b  a'> \arpeggio
 \bar "||"
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <f  g'> \arpeggio
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <g  g'> \arpeggio \mark "sometimes"
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <a  g'> \arpeggio
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <b  g'> \arpeggio
 \bar "||"
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <f  f'> \arpeggio
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <g  f'> \arpeggio \mark "always"
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <a  f'> \arpeggio
 <f'>\laissezVibrer <b  f'> \arpeggio
}

***

I also note that input/regression/laissez-vibrer-ties.ly has a bar
check failure:

\relative c' {
  <c e g>\laissezVibrer r4
  <c f g>\laissezVibrer r
  <c d f g>\laissezVibrer r
  <c d f g>4.\laissezVibrer r % here we get a bar check failure

In Documentation/snippets/laissez-vibrer-ties.ly we have a r8 at that
point, otherwise thoose two are basically the same.

What was the point of having a bar check failure in the regression
test?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

[1] http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=881