Re: Critical issues

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Critical issues
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:16:47 -0600

On 5/13/10 2:08 PM, "Karl Hammar" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen:
>> On 5/13/10 1:11 PM, "Karl Hammar" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> But if I already have a known good result from the code tracker,
>>> how do I compare it with the new result?
>>
>> What do you mean by "if I already have a known good result from the code
>> tracker"?
>
> In http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1080 there is a
> grace-start-good.png .
>
>> make test-baseline
>>
>> followed by
>>
>> make check
>
> I understand that I could possible go back to 2.13.17, do the make's,
> jump to current git and make test-redo.

It's not necessary to go back to 2.13.17.  All that is needed to do is to
get the current git master, build it, and run make test-baseline.

Then apply the patch, and run make check.

> But if the "old good" png is already available, then I see the
> possibility to skip the "go back to..." step.

There are two separate issues:

1) Does the patch solve the problem?  This issue is tested by simply running
the sample file on the tracker to see if the output goes to the desired
state.

2) Does the patch cause any other problems?  This can only be answered by
running the complete regression test suite.

IIUC, Neil's patch was already demonstrated to meet issue 1.  But issue 2
was not yet checked.

Thanks,

Carl