Re: CG source code as an archive

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: CG source code as an archive
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:07:11 -0600

On 5/27/10 11:55 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Valentin Villenave
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Graham Percival
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I began writing CG doc for regtests, and tried to put myself
>> in the shoes of an hypothetical contributor who would want to build
>> the regtests, but without installing git.
>
> Nobody should be building the regtests without installing git.
> Developers need git.  Bug Squad people should look at the official
> online regtests.

For developers, the primary information on regtests should be in
Contributor's 8, IMO.

Do we need a section in Contributor's 8 that addresses Bug Squad use of the
regression tests?

> "buried" ?!  It's the only thing in the right-hand box on:
>     http://lilypond.org/website/source.html
> How much simpler can you get?

Why does the link got to 3.5, instead of to 3?  By going to 3.5, it ignores
the ./configure or ./autogen.sh, one of which is necessary before doing
make.

Thanks,

Carl