Re: Patch: small reduction in output from make doc

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Patch: small reduction in output from make doc
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:10:55 +0200

On Mi., 15. Jun. 2011 18:51:59 CEST, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

The problem is that when the build fail, it will do so without any indication
why it did. To me that's even worse than having too much progress output.

To try it out, I would recommend to insert some syntax error in a ly file. A
good indicator for the usefulness of your patch is whether it is easier or
harder to find the spot of the error.

After all, the whole purpose of the make output is to determine the spot of the
error when the build fails.

Cheers,
Reinhold