Re: Patch: small reduction in output from make doc

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Patch: small reduction in output from make doc
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:05:13 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011, 22:08:21 schrieben Sie:
> I think there's another problem with this.  If I run
>
> lilypond test.ly 1> test.log
>
> it should redirect non-error output to the file, and errors should appear
> in the terminal.  In contrast,
>
> lilypond test.ly 2> test.log
>
> errors are in the log, normal output to terminal.  In practice, I see all
> output appearing in the terminal in the first line, and the logfile in the
> second line.  Does lily distinguish between error and normal output?

Ouch, you are absolutely right: Lilypond simply dumps everything to stderr,
rather than distinguishing progress messages and warning/error messages...

The problem lies in flower/warn.cc, btw.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886