Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:01:17 -0300

2011/7/1 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> If we add patches like this for every composer's favorite avant-garde
> notation, the large parts of the lilypond codebase will shortly become
> a tangle of hard to understand dependencies; code for uncommon
> notation constructs should only be added if their implementation is

Hi Han-Wen,

I agree that new features should not break simple features, but please
do not prevent this software to be a valid free alternative for
contemporary composers that are sick of software like Finale and
Sibelius not caring *at all+ about contemporary music,
since contemporary music does not have a big ``market share''. And I
share enthusiasm for LilyPond exactly because of its potential for
expanding on those ``not commercially interesting'' territories. BTW
It's not a esoteric contemporary notation.  I'd say it is pretty
common the music composed in the last 4 decades.

But I understand your main concern is not breaking old code and
features, on that I completely agree with you :=)