Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Adds glissando stems to Lilypond. (issue4661061)
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 04:10:12 +0000

Looking at the details of the code, it seems fine.

But I tend to agree with Han-Wen's concerns.

I'm wondering if it's possible to avoid code dup by making a
base_stem_engraver of which glissando_stem_engraver and stem_engraver
would be children.

I probably don't have the right terminology for this (in fact I'm sure I
don't), but I'm thinking of what happens with ligature_engraver and
mensural_ligature_engraver.

Feel free to ignore this message if it's not helpful.  I haven't tried
it and don't have a concrete suggestion.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/12004/lily/stem.cc
File lily/stem.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/diff/12004/lily/stem.cc#newcode1093
lily/stem.cc:1093: programming_error ("Glissandi stem must have two and
only two noteheads.");
I'd probably prefer to have this stated "Glissando stem does not have
exactly two noteheads", because then it's a description of the error,
instead of a description of the desired behavior.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4661061/