Re: compiling documentation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: compiling documentation
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 17:06:47 +0100

Hi James

Try http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/ etc

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>
To: "Jonathan Kulp" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:20 PM

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Jonathan Kulp [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 05 July 2011 15:41
)To: James Lowe
)Cc: Graham Percival; address@hidden
)
)On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Jonathan Kulp
)<address@hidden> wrote:
)>> My build env is fine, or at least it has been for more than a year. )>> The doc-compile problem only started a couple of weeks ago. I have )>> lilydev installed on another hard drive. Maybe I'll pop it in and try
)>> it out. I'd rather not bother with VMs at the moment.
)>>
)>
)> Well everything built fine on my lilydev system. Must be something )> wrong on Mint Debian. I get segfaults running 2.15.4 on my regular )> lilypond files too. No build errors compiling LP, but the compiled LP )> doesn't work right. :shrug: Not going to try to track this down ATM.
)>
)
)My Debian stable system builds everything fine, so it must be the Testing )branch with the problems. The segfault occurs right after a lilypond
)compile command gets to "emmentaler" (sp?)
)
)./configure output is pasted below. I suspect maybe Ghostscript 9.01, gcc
)4.6? Does anyone know of build problems with the package versions
)shown in this output?
)

[James' reply:] http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1717

Related?

I would give you more threads but gmane is hanging - does anyone know if there is another 'site' I can look up dev/bug/user archives and search?

Gmane is a PITA for me.

james