Re: Converting ly to musicxml

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: Converting ly to musicxml
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:00:33 +0200

2011/7/11 cab <address@hidden>:
> About the website, I programmed an engine to search for melodies in
> scores, and then I use lilypond to display the score and to hear the music

Ahh, sounds very nice.  However, i haven't found any "links" section
on lilypond.org and i think that it doesn't really fit to the
"Published sheet music" section in introduction->productions.
Maybe we want to create a "links" section?

> as for the ly-> xml converter, I have been thinking of reusing
> the to-xml.scm (yeah i think I just grasped how lilypond was built)
>
> I would just remove the *->strings part, replacing them with
> (define-method (display [])) like in font.scm.
> But I don't know yet how I would build the xmldoc tree (once everything
> is programmed),
> What do you think about it ? Am i wrong doing so,(it would my first time
> contributing to the open-source community).

Hmm, i'm not the tech-guy, so i'm afraid i cannot help you here...

cheers,
Janek