Re: Converting ly to musicxml

From: cab
Subject: Re: Converting ly to musicxml
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:25:03 +0200

Le 10/07/2011 23:27, Jan Warchoł a écrit :
> 2011/7/10 cab <address@hidden>:
>> Converting from midi to ly is possible, but ly to musicxml has never
>> been done... So my plan is to program it myself
>> I think I would do it in python as musicxml2ly is also written in python.
>>
>> If I manage to do it , will it be possible to add it in the source tree ?
>
> If done nicely (i mean, not as an ugly hack) it will be most welcome!
> If you have any difficulties with setting up your development
> environment (installing and running Lilydev, handling git) i'll gladly
> help.
>
>> And a last request , can you link my website (psautiers.org or
>> score-catcher.org or both) from your website?
>
> Well, i cannot say anything about it because i don't read French so i
> don't know what is it about :)
> Besides, i don't recall any "links" section on our website.
>
> cheers,
> Janek

About the website, I programmed an engine to search for melodies in
scores, and then I use lilypond to display the score and to hear the music

as for the ly-> xml converter, I have been thinking of reusing
the to-xml.scm (yeah i think I just grasped how lilypond was built)

I would just remove the *->strings part, replacing them with
(define-method (display [])) like in font.scm.
But I don't know yet how I would build the xmldoc tree (once everything
is programmed),
What do you think about it ? Am i wrong doing so,(it would my first time
contributing to the open-source community).

Thanks

Dang Nguyen Bac