RE: music function semantics

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: music function semantics
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:21:33 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Jan Warchol
)Sent: 29 July 2011 08:11
)To: David Kastrup
)Cc: address@hidden
)
)David,
)
)2011/7/27 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
)> Neil Puttock <address@hidden> writes:
)>
)>> On 26 July 2011 22:41, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
)>>
)>>> So the question basically is: which of those mechanisms is actually
)>>> being in use?  Are there examples for existing music functions
)>>> interpreting a postevent or a chord constituent?
)>>
)>> \tweak would be the most common usage for both of these cases:
)>>
)>> c1-\tweak #'color #red -\fermata
)>>
)>> and
)>>
)>> < \tweak #'color #red c>1
)>
)> So much for my "nobody needs that" theory.  The problem I have is that
)> accepting \transpose in all the same places as \tweak does not seem
)> like a good idea.
)>
)> On the other hand, whether an error gets thrown by the parser or by
)> the expression builder might not make that much of a difference to the
)> end user than it feels like making to me.
)
)if i understood you correctly (it's about the difference in syntax between
)tweak and override?), i agree that it's quite a serious problem.
)...ah, so it is possible to modify ties in a chord separately!  Do you realize
)that i didn't know about it?

Snippet for LSR?

James