RE: music function semantics

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: music function semantics
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 18:21:52 +0000

Hello.

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Reinhold Kainhofer
)Sent: 30 July 2011 19:12
)To: address@hidden
)
)Am Samstag, 30. Juli 2011, 20:01:36 schrieb James Lowe:
)> This is a bit too low level for me now.
)
)Hehe. What David wanted to say: The parser correctly interprets the
)syntax and properly sets the control-points for the TieEvent. So, his part
)of current interest (the parser) works just fine.
)However, there might be a bug later on when the graphical tie object is
)actually created from the music expression. There, the control-points
)seem to be handled differently for the two notes, even though both ties
)have the same value assigned...
)
)> So is this a bug or something else? (I.e do we need a tracker item or
)> not?) and can we tie individual notes within in a chord or not?
)
)Yes, we can tie individual notes within a chord.
)  <c~ e g~>4 <c e g c>
)It's just the tweak that seems to be broken in your case... I would say this
)is a bug, although of low priority.
)

Thank you.

James