Re: staging broken

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: staging broken
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 00:09:46 +0000

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 04:38:05PM +0000, Ian Hulin wrote:
> On 06/01/12 12:38, Graham Percival wrote:
> > I see **tons** of messages like
> >   Defined "column-markup" function in #<directory (lily) 411399f0>
> > which doesn't look like it should exist in production code.  It's
> > certainly not helpful when trying to debug doc build failures.
> >
> Those are temporary things for T2026 which will go when T1686 is
> finished.  If these are causing you serious grief in the meantime I can
> prepare another patch removing them all from markup-facility-defs.scm.

If they do not cause the doc build to break, then I guess I can't
complain about them.  However, it would be nice if they could be
avoided, and I would be happier if you included that in your
revised commit.

> The problem is fixed by adding make-simple-markup to the
> (scm module-facility-def)'s interface like this
> Graham, how do you want to handle this? Should I push a patch with this
> mod. in addition to T2026 or re-submit the whole shebang?

re-submit the whole shebang.  Not as a new patch, but as a new
commit to staging.  I will be removing your existing commit from
staging in a an hour or two.  If you're not very familiar with
git, you may want to make some extra backups of your work in case
an errant rebase loses it.

> > anybody recognize what's happening?
>
> These cropped up independently of T2026, after one of several
> git pull/rebase cycles.

ok, fair enough.